Church Notices – St. Mary’s 12th May, 2019
- Today is the 4th Sunday of Easter. It is also Good Shepherd Sunday. This Sunday will continue to be an irreplaceable occasion to reflect on the importance of the ministerial priesthood and on prayer for vocations to the priesthood. This is an urgent call for the future of our diocese.
- Weekday Masses will be at 8.00 a.m. and 10.00 a.m.
- On Wednesday next 15th May CPR Training will take place in the Pastoral Centre. This is open to everyone. If interested please see poster in Church porch or contact the Parish Office on Monday.
- St Joseph’s Young Priests Society will meet in the Sacristy on Wednesday next at 8.00 pm
- Saturday next 18th May the Gaelscoil First Communion will take place at 11.00 a.m. There will be no 10.00 a.m. Mass on Saturday morning.
- The Laraghbryan Cemetery Committee will hold their Church Gate Collection at all Masses this weekend. Your generosity is very much appreciated.
- Archbishop Martin has written to us regarding next weekend 18th & 19th May, we will for the first time hold a new collection which will be called the Ministry Sunday Collection.
This new annual collection will replace the Share Collection and will be devoted to support the building up of new forms of lay ministry in our parishes. The work of spreading the Gospel of Jesus in our changing religious culture will require more lay men and women working in various ways alongside our priests at the heart of parish communities.
The Ministry Sunday Collection is about ensuring that we will have the people we need – men and women who will be to the fore in making our parishes vibrant faith communities into the future. While many of those involved will be volunteers, we will have to equip and train leaders and provide facilities for formation. We want to work towards a situation where all parishes in this Archdiocese benefit from their gifts and expertise. The new collection is one-step in that process.
First Collection: €1,533 PARISH COLLECTIONS
(support of Diocesan Priests) Family Envelope & Standing Orders: €2,057