Church Notices – St. Mary’s 17th January, 2021
- Today is the 2nd Sunday in Ordinary Time.
- In line with Government guidelines Mass will be broadcast daily at 00 a.m. on the parish webcam – www.maynoothparish.org. The Church will be open each day for private prayer after Mass until 5.00 p.m. Funeral Masses will continue to be celebrated but numbers attending is restricted to 10 people only. Let us pray for one another and the safety of all.
- Holy Hour will continue on Tuesday and Thursday next and for the remainder of January from 7.00 – 8.00 p.m. with Prayer, Rosary and Reflections which will be live streamed.
- The week of Prayer for Christian Unity takes place from the 18th to 25th
- The Laraghbryan Cemetery Committee wish to thank all who contributed to their recent envelope collection. Your donations are very much appreciated.
- In September 2019 Pope Francis instituted the “Sunday of Word of God” to be celebrated on the 3rd Sunday in Ordinary Time which this year falls on 24th January. The National Centre for Liturgy (based in St. Patrick’s College, Maynooth) has posted a notice advertising a live-stream talk entitled “The Adventures of a Biblical Translator” presented by Dom Henry Wansbrough (editor of the New Jerusalem Bible and the recently published Revised New Jerusalem Bible) from 11.00am to 12.30pm on Saturday 23rd January.Check out the website of the National Centre for Liturgy at www.liturgy-ireland.ie and click on “Liturgy News 2021” for details on how to access the live-streamed talk. See the details here
First Collection: €312 PARISH COLLECTIONS
(support of Diocesan Priests) Family Envelope & Standing Orders: €1,346