Church Notices – St. Mary’s 1st November, 2015
- Today is the Feast of All Saints. Monday is All Souls Day. Masses will be 8.00 a.m., 10.00 a.m. and 7.00 p.m. The 7.00 p.m. Mass will be offered for all those names on the Altar List of the Dead.
- Prayers & Rosary will be said at Laraghbyran Cemetery today (Sunday) at 3.00 p.m. for those who are buried there and especially for those who died during the past year. All welcome to attend.
- World Youth Day The parish is exploring the possibility of sending some young people to the World Youth Day in Krakow, Poland at the end of July 2016. Over three million young people are expected to attend – with the highlight being the meeting with Pope Francis. If you are between the ages of 16 and 35 and might be interested there will be an information meeting in the Parochial House on this Wednesday evening, 4th November at 8.00 p.m.
- A six evening short course on the Gospel of St Luke
- Fr. Kieran O’Mahony will continue the course on the Gospel of Luke focused on the Sunday readings. This will be over the next five Monday evenings at 7.30 p.m. in the Boys’ National School. The evening will consist of a 45 minute talk followed by 45 minutes discussion. All Welcome.
- We are again recruiting for more Altar Servers. If you are interested please contact Fr. Liam, Fr. Paul or Martina in the Parish Office. To become an Altar Server the child must have received his/her First Holy Communion. The four week training will begin soon. This also involves a commitment from the parents/guardians – one of whom also attends the training sessions and is present in the sacristy before and after the Mass at which their child serves. The Dublin Diocesan Child Protection Policy is followed, (this is available in the Sacristy, Parish Office and on the Parish Website). It is planned that new Altar Servers will be commissioned in time for the Christmas Ceremonies.
- The Altar List of the Dead envelopes are available on the stands at the back of the Church. You are invited to take one and place the names of all those of your family and friends who have died on to the Altar List of the Dead. All those whose names that are entered on the Altar List of the Dead will be prayed for at all the Masses during the month of November and on every First Friday for the coming year. When you have filled it in please return it in the Sunday collection basket, or to the priests or the Parish Office.
First Collection: €1,830 PARISH COLLECTIONS
(support of Diocesan Priests) Family Envelope & Standing Orders: €2,472