Church Notices – St. Mary’s 4th September, 2016
- Today is the 23rd Sunday in Ordinary Time.
- Weekday Masses will be at 8.00 a.m. and 10.00 a.m.
- Maynooth Senior Citizen’s Club will re-open on Tuesday next 6th September at 10.30 and the committee will meet that evening at 8pm.
- Parish Finance Committee will meet in the Parochial House on Tuesday next at 8.00 p.m.
- The Samaritans are seeking volunteers for the Newbridge Branch. Are you willing to give 3-4 hours per week to listen to those who are lonely, depressed and suicidal? No experience necessary as full training will be provided. If you are interested please see poster in porches.
- Archbishop Martin has written to all the parishes regarding the earthquake in Central Italy and in particular the town of Amatrice and asking that prayers be offered at all Masses again this weekend. He is aware of the many demands on people at this time, especially with children returning back to school. However, he also knows that there are many who wish to support those affected. Thanks to all who have already contributed very generously to this fund. If you would like to help the victims of the earthquake you can drop your donation into the box on the Altar place an envelope marked Earthquake Fund into the collection basket. Archbishop Martin will send all money collected directly to the Bishop of Rieti in whose Diocese most of the damage has taken place.
First Collection: €1,678 Family Envelope & Standing Orders: €2,465