Church Notices – St. Mary’s 7th February, 2016
- Today is the 5th Sunday in Ordinary Time. Weekday Masses on Monday and Tuesday will be at 8.00 a.m. and 10.00 a.m.
- Wednesday next is Ash Wednesday. The blessing and distribution of Ashes will take place at all Masses. It is a day of fast and abstinence.
- Masses will be at 8.00 a.m., 10.00 a.m. and 7.30 p.m. in St Mary’s and 8.00 p.m. in Ladychapel. The 10.00 a.m. Mass in St Mary’s will be broadcast on RTE Radio.
- Weekday Masses during Lent will be at 8.00 a.m., 10.00 a.m. and 7.30 p.m.
- The Ceremony of Light for Confirmation Candidates from St Mary’s Boys’ National School, Presentation Girls’ School and Educate Together School will take place on Monday evening here in St Mary’s Church at 7.30 p.m. The Ceremony of Light for Gael Scoil Ui Fhiach will take place on Tuesday evening at 7.30 p.m.
- Fr. Kieran O’Mahony will continue the course exploring the Old Testament on Tuesday evening at 7.30 p.m. in the Boys’ National School.
- Maynooth Boys’ National School will be holding their annual Open Day on Friday 12th February. Visitors are very welcome during the two opening periods: 10.00am – 11.00am and 11.30am – 12.30pm. We hope that parents and other visitors will take the opportunity to visit the school and get an idea of what happens in the classrooms during the school day.
- Maynooth Local History Group invites you to an illustrated talk on ‘’Major Patrick J. Colgan (1890-1960) at the Geraldine Scout Hall, Leinster Street, Maynooth on Monday 15 February 2016 at 8.00pm. Everyone Welcome. (See poster in porch)
- Weekly Bingo takes place in the Geraldine Hall (Leinster Street) at 8.30 p.m. every Wednesday. All welcome.
- Tickets for the Parish Ball which will take place on Saturday 27th February are available from members of the organising committee, the finance committee or from the Parish office. The Ball takes place in Carton House to raise the balance of funds for the refurbishment of St Mary’s church.
First Collection: € 1,780 Family Envelope & Standing Orders: €2,629