Church Notices – St. Mary’s 12th May, 2013
- Today is the Feast of the Ascension of Our Lord.
- Weekday Masses will be at 8.00 a.m. and 10.00 a.m.
- The Parish Finance Committee would like to sincerely thank everyone for their generous support for the Webcam collection in St. Mary`s Church over the past two weeks. As we said last week, the total cost of these initiatives is €8,500. The total amount collected to date is €6,803. We are short €1,700 so we have decided to run it for one more weekend because some of you may have been away for the bank holiday last week and would like to contribute.
- The Finance Committee will meet on Monday evening at 8.00 p.m. in the Parochial House.
- The Boys from St. Mary’s Boys’ National School will receive their First Holy Communion on Saturday next 19th May – and the boys and girls from Educate Together will receive their First Communion on Sunday next at the 10.00 a.m. Mass.
- Church Gate Collection this weekend is in aid of The Irish Wheelchair Association. Your generosity is very much appreciated.
- The Parish Newsletter is available after Mass on the stands at the back of the Church.
First Collection: €1,428.78 PARISH COLLECTIONS
(support of Diocesan Priests) Family Envelope &
SHARE: €1,390.49 Standing Orders: €2,214.85
Maynooth 10K Gathering
The Maynooth 10K Gathering, organised by the Parent Teacher Association of Maynooth Post Primary School, will take place next weekend Friday 17th – Sunday 19th May.
On Friday night MPPS will host a Gathering in the Post Primary from 8.00pm. This event is open to all and it will feature a display of photographs from the foundation of the school in 1971 up to today. For past pupils and parents and guardians of former and current students this will present an opportunity to see the history of the school and visit the school before it moves to its planned new location in Moyglare Hall in 2014.
The centrepiece of the Gathering weekend will be the 10K run on Sunday morning commencing at 10.30. Now in its third year the 10K has become a very important event in the life of the town as well as being a major fundraiser for the development of new playing facilities for the school and the community at the new Moyglare Hall site. For those of you who wish to walk, run or jog on the day full details are available at www.maynooth10kgathering.ie.