Church Notices – St. Mary’s 15th November, 2015
- Maynooth Senior Citizens Committee will hold their Annual Sale of Work this Sunday Nov 15th at 3pm in the Aula Maxima, Maynooth College. This is their main fundraising event and your support would be very much appreciated. All money raised is spent on winter fuel, transport, safety/ security, morning club, social events and annual holidays for our older people.
- A six evening short course on the Gospel of St Luke – Fr. Kieran O’Mahony will continue the course on the Gospel of Luke focused on the Sunday readings. This will be over the next three Monday evenings at 7.30 p.m. in the Boys’ National School. The evening will consist of a 45 minute talk followed by 45 minutes discussion. All Welcome.
- The Annual Mass for Deceased Parishioners will take place on Tuesday next at 8.00 p.m. in St Mary’s Church.
- A talk entitled “Events that changed Europe – 1200 to 1600 A.D.” will be held in the Maynooth Community Space at 8 p.m. on Monday 16th of November.
- CHRISTMAS TREE FESTIVAL A Christmas Tree Festival will be held from the 26th – 29th November 2015 in St Mary’s Church of Ireland, Maynooth. The festival’s aim is to create a community celebration of Christmas and at the same time to raise funds for our Churches and also help with our charitable giving. The Festival, which you could in some ways compare to a flower festival, seeks to tell the story of Christmas and the story of our local communities through the medium of Christmas trees. Each tree will be uniquely made or decorated to tell its part in the story. The Catholic parish of Maynooth is invited to provide a tree for the Festival. We are looking for a parishioner or group of parishioners who might be creative in using your imagination to create something eye catching. Further details please contact the Parish Office.
- Maynooth Scouts wish to thank all those who supported our 12 Days of Christmas Ticket sales last weekend. Wednesday Bingo – Bingo is taking place every Wednesday at 8:30 pm in the Geraldine Hall, in Harbour Field, organised by the Maynooth Scouts. Please come along and bring a friend.
- Cake Sale and Coffee Morning – On Sunday next 22nd November, from 9:15 am to 2:00 pm, a cake sale and coffee morning will take place in St. Mary’s Boys National School, in aid of Maynooth Scouts. Everybody is very welcome to go along – sit down and enjoy a tea / coffee break and a chat with your friends.
- Church gate collection this weekend is in aid of CASA – the Caring and Sharing Association. Your generosity is very much appreciated.
- A number of young people from Maynooth will be travelling with the Dublin Diocese to Krakow in July 2016. Closing date for registration for Krakow 2016 is Sunday 15th November. If you are interested in travelling with the group please go to Maynooth Parish Facebook or contact Karl Quinn Tel: 087-9632646.
First Collection: €1,599 PARISH COLLECTIONS
(support of Diocesan Priests) Family Envelope & Standing Orders: €2,770