Church Notices – St. Mary’s 17th April, 2016
- Today is the 4th Sunday of Easter and Vocations Sunday. The second collection this weekend is for the support of Dublin Diocesan Students preparing for Ordination to the Priesthood. It will replace the SHARE collection.
- Weekday Masses will be at 8.00 a.m. and 10.00 a.m.
- You are invited to four evenings of reflection on the Year of Mercy, as we prepare to celebrate the Feast of Pentecost. These evenings will be held on the next four Wednesdays from 7.30pm to 8.30pm, here in the Church of St Mary. The Doors of Mercy will be blessed and opened this Wednesday evening at 7.30pm. Flyers are available in the church porches. All are very welcome.
- St Joseph’s Young Priests’ Society will meet in the Parochial House on Wednesday next at 8.00 p.m.
- On Thursday next Lorna Byrne will be here in St Mary’s Church for a special speaking event at 7.30pm. Admission is free and all are welcome. A collection will be taken for the Lorna Byrne Children’s Foundation on the night.
- An update on the proposed Parish Pastoral Centre.
We thank all who were involved in the consultation process, especially those who attended the consultation meeting in the Glenroyal Hotel and who made suggestions. Some of the suggestions included having a coffee dock, pavement to facilitate wheelchairs, landscaping around the centre and other very practical improvements. Most people are very positive towards the design of the proposed building and its location in the grounds of the Parochial House as near as possible to the Church. In the near future we will be applying to Kildare County Council for planning permission.
- Laraghbryan Cemetery Committee would like to thank all who contributed to their Church Gate Collection last weekend which amounted to €1,494.
- Darkness into Light is the flagship fundraising and awareness event for Pieta House, and without your support, they could not have helped so many people in suicidal distress and engaging in self-harm. Maynooth will host their 2nd Darkness into Light walk on 7th May, starting at 4.15am from Maynooth University North Campus. To join the walk, you can register online on the Darkness into light website or check out the notice at the back of the Church with the various registration times – the first one is taking place in Maynooth University Library on Wednesday 20th from 10:00 a.m. -8.00 p.m.
First Collection: €1,347 Family Envelope & Standing Orders €2,345