Church Notices – St. Mary’s 18th October, 2015
- Today is the 29th Sunday in Ordinary Time and World Mission Sunday.
- Weekday Masses will be at 8.00 a.m. and 10.00 a.m.
- The Second Collection today will be for the Missions. It will replace the SHARE Collection.
- “Happy Birthday Mr. Yeats” Maynooth Local History Group, invites you to an evening of informal poetry reading, interpretation and music in the Maynooth Community Space (near Tesco Car Park) on Monday at 8 p.m. to celebrate the 150th anniversary of the birth of William Butler Yeats – celebrated Irish poet, poet laureate and politician.
- The Finance Committee Meeting will take place in the Parochial House on Tuesday next at 8.00 p.m.
- On Wednesday next there will be a meeting of all parents/guardians & candidates who will be making their Confirmation in 2016 in the Glenroyal Hotel at 7.30 p.m.
- St. Joseph’s Young Priests’ Society will meet in the Parochial House on Wednesday evening at 8.00 p.m.
- We are once again recruiting for more Altar Servers. If you are interested please contact Fr. Liam, Fr. Paul or Martina in the Parish Office. To become an Altar Server the child must have received his/her First Holy Communion. The four week training will begin soon. This also involves a commitment from the parents/guardians – one of whom also attends the training sessions and is present in the sacristy before and after the Mass at which their child serves. The Dublin Diocesan Child Protection Policy is followed, (this is available in the Sacristy, Parish Office and on the Parish Website). It is planned that new Altar Servers will be commissioned in time for the Christmas Ceremonies.
First Collection: €1,699 PARISH COLLECTIONS
(support of Diocesan Priests) Family Envelope & Standing Orders: €2,403