Church Notices – St. Mary’s 27th October, 2013
- Today is the 30th Sunday in Ordinary Time.
- As Monday is a Bank-Holiday there will be only one Mass in St. Mary’s at 10.00 a.m.
- Weekday Masses for the remainder of the week are at the usual times of 8.00 a.m. and 10.00 a.m.
- On Sunday next 3rd November Prayers & Rosary will be said at Laraghbyran Cemetery at 3.00 p.m. for those who are buried there and especially for those who died during the past year. All welcome to attend.
- The Altar List of the Dead envelopes are available after Mass. You are invited to take one and return the Altar List of the Dead as soon as possible in the Sunday collection baskets, Fr. Liam or the Parish Office. The names entered on the Altar List of the Dead will be remembered and prayed for at all Masses during the month of November and every First Friday for the next 12 months. Also in this envelope are important dates for November.
- Church Gate Collection this weekend is in aid of Multiple Sclerosis Society. Your generosity is very much appreciate.
First Collection: €1,314.34 PARISH COLLECTIONS
(support of Diocesan Priests) Family Envelope & Standing Orders: €2,315.48
MISSIONS: €3,938.92 Replaced SHARE
Parish of Maynooth
Churches of St. Mary & Ladychapel
ALTAR LIST OF THE DEAD
You are invited to place the names of all those of your family and friends who have died on to the Altar List of the Dead. All those whose names that are ntered on the Altar List of the Dead will be prayed for at all the Masses during the month of November and on every First Friday for the coming year.
When you have filled it in please return it in the Sunday collection basket, to Fr. Liam or the Parish Office. More Altar List of the Dead envelopes are available from the Parish Office or at the back of the Church.
FEAST OF ALL SAINTS – FRIDAY 1st NOVEMBER
St. Mary’s: Thursday , 31st October – 7.00 p.m. (Vigil for All Saints) Friday, 1st November: 8.00 a.m., 10.00 a.m. and 7.00 p.m Ladychapel: 8.00 p.m.
Today we celebrate all the Saints – those who are canonised and all our families and friends who are in heaven.
FEAST OF ALL SOULS – SATURDAY 2nd NOVEMBER
Mass in St. Mary’s : 10.00 a.m. & 7.00 p.m.
The Church asks us “to help the faithful departed by earnest prayer to God for their entry into the communion of Saints in heaven”.
PRAYERS AT LARAGHBRYAN CEMETERY – SUNDAY 3rd NOVEMBER
On Sunday 3rd November there will be prayers and rosary at Laraghbryan Cemetery at 3.00 p.m. (weather permitting). We pray for all who are buried in Laraghbryan Cemetery, especially those who were buried during the last year.
ST. MARY’S BRASS & REED BAND MASS FOR DECEASED MEMBERS – SUNDAY 10th NOVEMBER
The Annual Mass for Deceased Members of St. Mary’s Brass & Reed Band will take place on Sunday 10th November at 1.00 p.m.
CONFIRMATION MEETING – TUESDAY 12th NOVEMBER
There will be a meeting of all involved in the Sacrament of Confirmation parents/guardians, teachers, Fr. Liam and those being Confirmed. This meeting will take place in the Glenroyal Hotel at 7.30 – 9.00 p.m. on Tuesday 12th November
G.A.A. MASS FOR DECEASED MEMBERS –
SATURDAY 16th NOVEMBER
Annual G.A.A. Mass for Deceased Members will take place in the G.A.A. Clubhouse on Saturday 16th November at 8.15 p.m. All welcome.
ANNUAL MASS FOR DECEASED PARISHIONERS – TUESDAY 26th NOVEMBER
The Annual Mass will be offered for all our parishioners who have died from 1st November, 2012 and for all those whose names are entered on the Altar List of the Dead. It will take place in:
St. Mary’s Church on Tuesday 26th November, at 8.00 p.m. After the Mass you are welcome to the Boys’ School for a cup of tea.
BAPTISM OF ADULTS & CHILDREN
Adult: If there is any adult who wishes to be baptised there will be a Rite of Christian Initiation for Adults preparation Programme. Children over 8 yrs. Any parent/guardian that has a child over 8 years of age and wishes to have them prepared for baptism please contact Fr. Liam or Martina in the Parish Office. The preparation of these children for baptism by the Parish Baptism Team will begin shortly.
We are looking for New Eucharistic Ministers. This will involve a short training course with parishioners from Leixlip and Confey Parishes. The Commissioning Ceremony will take place at the 11.30 a.m. Mass on the 1st Sunday of Advent. Please contact Fr. Liam or Martina in the Parish Office.