Church Notices – St. Mary’s 4th December, 2016
- Today is the First Sunday of Advent.
- Weekday Masses will be at 8.00 a.m. and 10.00 a.m.
- Maynooth Brass & Reed Band will hold a concert on this Sunday evening (4th December at 7.30 p.m. in the Aula Maxima, St Patrick’s College, Maynooth. €5 Adults & children – Senior Citizens free.
- Thursday next 8th December is the Feast of the Immaculate Conception. Masses will be – Wednesday 7.00 p.m. (Vigil) and Thursday 8.00 a.m., 10.00 a.m. and 7.00 p.m. in St Mary’s. There will also be Mass in Ladychapel on Thursday evening at 8.00 p.m.
- Christmas Fair will take place on Saturday next 10th December in Maynooth Post Primary School at 12.00 Noon.
- Also on Saturday next the County Kildare Orchestra combining with our own St Mary’s Parish Choir will hold a concert here in St Mary’s Church at 8.00 p.m. The evening will consist of classical favourites as well as festive music. Tickets €12 which will be available at the door.
- Crosscare Food Appeal: You are invited to bring non-perishable food items and leave them in the sacristy over the next three Sundays. Crosscare staff are trying to keep up with demand from the food banks as Christmas approaches – particularly for families in need. Types of food urgently needed include pasta/rice, fruit juice, tea/coffee, soup, sugar, powdered milk, tinned meat/fish, tinned veg/fruit, packaged dessert, biscuits, and hygiene products.
- The Kildare Branch of Multiple Sclerosis Society will hold their Church Gate Collection this Your generosity is very much appreciated.
- The Annual Christmas Appeal for the St. Vincent de Paul Society will take place at all Masses next It will replace the SHARE Collection. All the money collected will be used solely for those in need in Maynooth. Your generosity is very much appreciated.
First Collection: €1,789 Family Envelope & Standing Orders: €2,498