Church Notices – St. Mary’s 7th October, 2018
- Today is the 27th Sunday in Ordinary Time. Weekday Masses will be at 8.00 a.m. and 10.00 a.m.
- The Amoris Laetitia 2nd session entitled “The Christian Vision for the Family” will take place in the Pastoral Centre on Monday evening at 8.00 p.m. All welcome
- Irish Graveyard Surveyors will be updating the Mapping Boards at Laraghbryan Cemetery over the coming weeks. Please notify Cemetery Committee with any corrections/updates by end of October. Contact names and telephone numbers are available in the Church porches.
- The Irish Wheelchair Association will hold their Church Gate Collection this weekend. Your generosity is very much appreciated.
- Maynooth has won a gold medal in the Tidy Towns competition. We are the tidiest town in Kildare, with Naas second and Straffan third. Maynooth was second overall in the whole country for its population category.
This is a wonderful achievement and we want to congratulate all the people in the community, both residents and visitors, for your help in making this possible…but most of all to congratulate and thank the incredibly dedicated group of volunteers who work in all weathers …and all year round…to make our town look so well for all our benefit. This award is due recognition for your efforts. They deserve a huge round of applause.
- We are once again recruiting for more Altar Servers. If you are interested in becoming an Altar Server please contact Kulli Adamberg or Martina in the Parish Office. To become an Altar Server the child must have received his/her First Holy Communion. The four week training will begin soon. This also involves a commitment from the parents/guardians – one of whom also attends the training sessions and is present in the sacristy before and after the Mass at which their child serves. The Dublin Diocesan Child Protection Policy is followed, (this is available in the Sacristy, Parish Office and on the Parish Website). It is planned that new Altar Servers will be commissioned in time for the Christmas Ceremonies.
First Collection: €1,265 PARISH COLLECTIONS
(support of Diocesan Priests) Family Envelope & Standing Orders: €2,164